Chilli Chicken and Calamari Pasta Salad with Fresh Coriander Dressing
This delightful surf and turf combination is a real winner!
YOU WILL NEED
- 400 g chicken mini fillets
- 1½ t (7,5 ml) Ina Paarman's Chilli & Garlic Seasoning
- 3 T (45 ml) olive oil
- 250 g small pasta shells
- boiling water
- 1½ t (7,5ml) Ina Paarman's Pasta Spice
- 1 T (15 ml) olive oil
- 200 g calamari rings (use up to 350 g if you feel flush)
- 2 T (30 ml) olive oil
- Ina Paarman's Chilli & Garlic Seasoning
- 1 T (15 ml) Ina Paarman's Coriander Pesto
- ¾ cup (180 ml) Ina Paarman's Reduced Oil Greek Dressing
- 1 cup (250 ml) fresh coriander, coarsely chopped
- assorted lettuce leaves and fresh herbs
Toss the chicken mini fillets with Chilli & Garlic Seasoning and olive oil. Leave to stand for 10 minutes while boiling the pasta. Strain the pasta after 8 minutes, reserve ½ cup of pasta water, and toss pasta with Pasta Spice and 1 T of olive oil. Leave to stand.
Preheat a heavy frying pan until very hot. Give the pan a dollop of olive oil and add the marinated mini chicken fillets to the pan. Spread them out and do not try to turn until nicely browned underneath. When chicken is done on both sides, remove to a plate and cover with foil.
Add a little more oil to the pan and stir-fry the calamari rings until just firm ± 3 minutes, season lightly with Chilli & Garlic Seasoning. Add to the chicken fillets and leave to rest. Add the reserved pasta water to the pan to de-glaze the brown bits. Now add the cooked pasta and Coriander Pesto and toss around for one minute to absorb all the lovely flavours.
Mix the chopped coriander with the Greek Dressing.
Line a large platter or four individual plates with lettuce and herb leaves.
Toss the cooked pasta with the chicken, calamari and coriander dressing. Dish over the lettuce leaves. Garnish with extra fresh coriander. Serve with ciabatta bread and thick slices of very ripe red tomatoes.