During advance preparation, it is best to pre-cook the rice and add the Seasoning. Just before serving stir-fry the rice and add the Pesto, lemon rind and juice.
YOU WILL NEED
- 1 cup (250 ml) long grain rice
- 1T (15ml) Ina Paarman's Chicken Stock Powder
- 3 cups (750ml) water
- 1 t (5 ml) Ina Paarman's Lemon & Black Pepper Seasoning
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 6 spring onions sliced with green tops
- 2 T (30 ml) canola oil
- 1 T (15 ml) Ina Paarman's Coriander Pesto
- grated rind of 1 lemon
- 2 T (30 ml) lemon juice
Boil the rice in the water with the Chicken Stock Powder for 12 – 15 minutes. Add Lemon & Black Pepper Seasoning, chilli and spring onions. Leave to stand until ready to fry. Heat oil in a frying pan, add prepared rice and stir-fry to warm through. Add Coriander Pesto, grated lemon rind and lemon juice.