Chipolata Ovenbake with Char-grilled Shallots
How to feed a family with 500 g of little sausages and still have some leftovers for one or two lunch boxes the next day.
YOU WILL NEED
- 2 medium onions, cut into small wedges
- 1 t (5 ml) Ina Paarman’s Green Onion Seasoning
- olive or canola oil
- 500 g chipolata pork sausages, snipped to separate
- 500 g baby potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 t (5 ml) Ina Paarman’s Potato Spice
- 1 x 300 g Ina Paarman’s Char-grilled Shallots, cut in half lengthways
- 1 x 25 g Ina Paarman’s Liquid Chicken Stock
- ½ cup (125 ml) hot water
Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 180°C.
Sauté the onions, seasoned with Green Onion Seasoning, in the oil until golden brown.
Add the sausages and stir-fry them briefly while shaking the pan over medium/high heat, until brown on the outside.
Add the potatoes seasoned with Potato Spice and stir-fry briefly.
Decant the contents of the pan into a roasting pan.
Add the shallot vinaigrette and all the shallots. Add Chicken Stock dissolved in hot water.
Bake open for ± 1 hour. Test if the potatoes are done.
Serve with a salad.