This is the painless way to make a delicious Chocolate Tiramisu using homegrown South African ingredients. Graham polished off half the bowl all by himself. We added an extra ¼ cup of water when mixing the mousse to make it softer.
YOU WILL NEED
Chocolate Mousse Layers
- 1 ½ cups (375 ml) water
- 1 x 310 g Ina Paarman’s Chocolate Mousse
- 1 cup (250 ml) fresh whipping cream
- 200 g packet sponge fingers (Boudoir biscuits)
- ½ cup (125 ml) coffee liqueur or extra strong black coffee
Mascarpone Cheese Layers
- 250 g mascarpone or cream cheese
- 50 g dark chocolate, melted
Mix Chocolate Mousse according to package instructions using 1 ½ cups (375 ml) of water.
Spoon a skimpy ⅓ layer of the mousse into the serving dish.
Dip half of the sponge fingers into the coffee liqueur or strong coffee and pack out over the mousse.
Blob half of the mascarpone cheese over the biscuits.
Spoon and smooth over another ⅓ of the Chocolate Mousse.
Dip the remaining half of the biscuits into the liqueur or coffee and pack out over the mousse layer.
Blob with remaining cheese and smooth over a final layer of Chocolate Mousse.
Drizzle with melted chocolate. Refrigerate for a couple of hours or overnight before serving.