Copper Penny Salad
Old but not yet cold. We gave this traditional favourite a very mild curry twist, and voila! The carrot haters were asking for seconds.
YOU WILL NEED
- 1 ½ kg medium carrots, peeled and cut into thin rounds
- 2 t (10 ml) Ina Paarman’s Vegetable Stock Powder
- 2 cups (500 ml) water
- 1 T (15 ml) mustard powder
- 2 T (30 ml) cold water
- 1 cup (250 ml) sugar
- 2 T (30 ml) cornflour
- ½ cup (125 ml) cider vinegar
- ½ cup (125 ml) canola oil
- 1 T (15 ml) Worcester Sauce
- ¼ cup (60 ml) lemon juice
- 4 T (60 ml) Ina Paarman’s Sun-dried Tomato Pesto
- 1 T (15 ml) Ina Paarman’s Vegetable Spice
- 2 onions, cut into half moon slices
- 2 red chillies, cut into thin strips
- 1 x 200 ml Ina Paarman’s Ready to Serve Creamy Curry Sauce
Cook the carrots in water together with the Vegetable Stock until just done, but still crisp.
Mix the mustard powder with the 2 T (30 ml) of water and leave to stand.
Mix the cornflour with the sugar.
Add the sugar mixture and rest of the ingredients, as well as the mustard paste, to the carrots in the pot.
Stir and bring to the boil and simmer for 3 minutes.
Spoon into sterilised glass jars, cover with lids and place overnight in the fridge. It improves with standing at least overnight.