Couscous Salad with Roasted Vegetables Dressed with a Herbed Yoghurt Dressing
A trendy, colourful salad with roasted vegetables and fresh mint.
YOU WILL NEED
For the Couscous
- 2 cups (350 g) of cubed butternut 2 cm x 2 cm
- 1 large red bell pepper halved, pipped and cut into small wedges
- 3 smallish onions, peeled and cut into small wedges
- 1 T (15 ml) Ina Paarman's Vegetable Spice
- olive or canola oil
- ¾ cup (130 g) couscous
- 2 T (30 ml) Ina Paarman's Chicken or Vegetable Stock Powder
- 1½ cups (375 ml) boiling water
- ¼ cup (60 ml) fresh mint, coarsely chopped
- ¾ cup (180 ml) plain double cream yoghurt
- ½ cup (125 ml) Ina Paarman's Herb Dressing
Adjust the oven rack to the middle position.
Pre-heat oven to 220°C.
Toss the prepared vegetables with the Vegetable Spice and 2T of oil. Spread out in a single layer in an oven roasting pan. Roast for ± 25-30 minutes until vegetables are soft and beginning to char here and there.
Toss the couscous with 1T of oil and the Chicken Stock Powder in a dish with a lid. Add boiling water, stir, microwave for 3 minutes. Cover and allow to stand for 10 minutes. Toss with a fork to loosen the grains. Add the mint and roasted vegetables and toss through.
Dish the salad into a bowl. Mix the yoghurt and Herb Salad Dressing together and drizzle generously over the salad or serve on the side. This salad will keep in the fridge, undressed, for two days.
Add feta cheese or leftover cooked chicken.