Couscous with Apricot and Cumin
I love couscous with lamb, the flavours just work! Couscous is also very quick and easy to prepare in the microwave.
YOU WILL NEED
- 1¼ cups (310 ml) couscous
- 2 T (30 ml) olive oil
- 2 cups (500 ml) hot water
- ½ cup (50 g) dried apricots, finely sliced
- 2 t (10 ml) cumin seeds or ground cumin
- 4 t (20 ml) Ina Paarman's Chicken Stock Powder
- 1 cup (250 ml) frozen baby peas
- Ina Paarman's Garlic & Herb Seasoning
In a microsafe bowl mix the couscous and olive oil. Add hot water, apricots, cumin and Chicken Stock Powder. Microwave on high (100%) for 5 minutes.
Add peas. Stir to loosen with a fork and cook for a further 2 minutes on high (100%).
Toss to blend. Add Seasoning to taste and serve.