Creamed Corn Bake
I made this for an office lunch and was pleasantly surprised that such a simple and economical recipe got such an enthusiastic response. The mixture remains quite soft and is best served with a spoon rather than cut into wedges.
YOU WILL NEED
- ½ T (7,5 ml) butter
- ½ T (7,5 ml) canola or sunflower oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- ½ t (2,5 ml) Ina Paarman’s Green Onion Seasoning
- 2 T (30 ml) Ina Paarman's White Sauce Powder
- 400 g tin creamed sweetcorn
- 400 g tin of whole kernel corn
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 x 200 ml Ina Paarman's Ready to Serve Cheese Sauce
- 1 cup (250 ml) mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 T (30 ml) chopped parsley
- Ina Paarman's Chilli & Garlic Seasoning
Adjust the oven rack to the middle position. Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
Sauté the onion, pre-seasoned with Green Onion Seasoning in a mixture of the butter and oil until soft and golden brown. Add White Sauce Powder. Remove from the heat and add the sweetcorn, eggs, Cheese Sauce, ¾ cup of the cheese and chopped parsley. Dish into a medium size ovenproof porcelain flan or pie dish. Top with the remaining ¼ cup of cheese and sprinkle lightly with Chilli & Garlic seasoning*.
Bake for 35-40 minutes until golden brown and soft set in the middle.
*Can be pre-prepared up to this point. Bake before needed.
Instead of tinned corn, use 2 heads of fresh corn. Cut the kernels off, one must be pulverised in a blender and the other one’s kernels kept whole.