One of my family’s favourite breakfast or lunch treats. A standard on South African restaurant menus.
YOU WILL NEED
- 1 T (15 ml) butter
- 1 T (15 ml) canola oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- ½ t (2,5ml) Green Onion Seasoning
- 250g mushrooms of your choice, sliced
- 1 x 25g Ina Paarman's Liquid Beef or Vegetable Stock
- 2 t (10ml) Ina Paarman's White Sauce Powder
- ½ cup (125ml) full cream milk
- Ina Paarman's Garlic Pepper Seasoning to taste
- grated parmesan
- microgreens or chopped parsley (optional)
Sauté the onion, pre-seasoned with Green Onion Seasoning, in the butter and oil mixture over medium heat until soft and beginning to colour. Add the mushrooms and stir-fry over high heat until the mushrooms start drawing water. Add undiluted Beef Stock. Sprinkle over White Sauce Powder and stir in. Add the milk, bring to the boil and season to taste with Garlic Pepper Seasoning. Serve on toast, sprinkle with grated parmesan.
Garnish with microgreens or fresh parsley.