Creamy Curry and Coriander Chicken
This is a superb dish to serve for a party. Serve it at room temperature.
YOU WILL NEED
- 2 large carrots, finely sliced into rings
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 12 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 2 t (10 ml) Ina Paarman's Green Onion Seasoning
- 6 cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced lengthways
- 1 cup (250 ml) boiling water
- 2 t (10 ml) Ina Paarman's Chicken Stock Powder
- 1 x 125 ml Ina Paarman's Coriander Pesto
- 2 x Ina Paarman's Creamy Curry Ready to Serve Sauce
- fresh coriander
Place the carrots and onion on the base of a wide saucepan or frying pan, shake to even out. Season the chicken with Green Onion Seasoning. Position the breasts, in a single layer, on the bed of vegetables. Tuck the garlic in here and there. Add the Chicken Stock Powder to the boiling water and carefully pour it in on the side so as not to wash the seasoning off the chicken. Cover the pan with a lid and simmer the chicken very slowly for 10 minutes only. Turn the breasts over. Close the lid, switch off the heat and leave to stand away from the heat, with the lid on, to cool down. This method of finishing meats below boiling point guarantees a succulent end result. Refrigerate overnight in the stock.
Cut the breasts against the grain into 1 cm thick rounds. Reserve the vegetables, freeze the stock for another use.
On a large platter spread out the retained vegetables. Place the sliced, drained chicken on top. Swirl the Coriander Pesto lightly into the Creamy Curry Sauce but don’t mix it in completely – leave the streaks of green. Pour over the chicken. Top with fresh coriander just before