Creamy Lemon Chicken with Mushrooms
A lovely family supper or an easy dish to serve to friends.
YOU WILL NEED
- 6 - 8 skinless chicken breast fillets
- 1 t (5 ml) Ina Paarman's Lemon & Black Pepper Seasoning
- 2 T (30 ml) Ina Paarman's White Sauce Powder
- 1 T (15 ml) butter
- 1 T (15 ml) canola or olive oil
- 250 g punnet mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 x 200 ml Ina Paarman's Lemon & Herb Coat & Cook Sauce
- 1 cup (250 ml) fresh cream
- 2 t (10 ml) Ina Paarman's Chicken Flavour Stock Powder
Adjust the oven rack to middle position.
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Cut each breast fillet across the grain on the diagonal into 4 pieces. Mix Seasoning and White Sauce Powder, sprinkle over the chicken and mix through.
Warm an empty fry pan over high heat, add the butter and oil. Add the chicken and stir-fry briefly until lightly browned on the outside, but still raw inside. Toss the mushrooms in with the chicken, do not cook them. Immediately dish the mixture into a medium size ovenproof dish.
Add the Lemon & Herb Sauce, cream and Stock Powder to the fry pan and heat, while stirring and scraping with a wooden spoon, to incorporate all the nice brown bits. Pour over the chicken. Bake open for 20 – 25 minutes. Delicious with Buttered Tagliatelle to soak up the sauce. Serve a crisp green salad on the side, dressed with one of our Vinaigrette Dressing.