Crispy Calamari and Noodle Salad
A seafood salad with a difference.
YOU WILL NEED
- 300 - 400 g cleaned calamari rings
- 1 t (5 ml) Ina Paarman’s Fish Spice
- vegetable oil for shallow frying
- 150 g instant noodles
- 4 – 5 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 small baby green cabbage, finely shredded
- 80 g sugar snap peas, halved and cut lengthwise
- ½ cup (125 ml) fresh parsley leaves
- ½ cup (125 ml) fresh mint leaves
- 1 chilli, finely sliced (optional)
- Ina Paarman’s Vegetable Spice
- Ina Paarman’s Reduced Oil Greek Dressing
Season the calamari rings with Fish Spice.
Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
Working in batches, shallow fry the calamari for 1 – 2 minutes or until just done. Remove from pan.
Add noodles to the now empty pan and stir-fry for 1 minute.
Place the spring onions, cabbage, sugar snap peas, herbs and chilli in a large mixing bowl. Add a sprinkling of Vegetable Spice and toss to combine. Spoon into a large serving platter. Top with calamari and noodles.
Dress with Ina Paarman’s Greek Dressing.