Pork makes for a great alternative to chicken. Prepare everything, but cook at the last minute.
YOU WILL NEED
- 1 T (15ml) Ina Paarman's Chicken Spice
- 2 T (30 ml) cornflour
- 4 skinless chicken breast fillets or 2 small pork fillets, cubed (±500g)
- ½ cup (125 ml) flour
- 1 t (5 ml) Ina Paarman's Chilli & Garlic Seasoning
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 T (15 ml) canola oil
- ½ cup (125 ml) soda water
- oil for frying
- 1 x 200ml Ina Paarman's Honey & Soy Coat & Cook Sauce
Measure Chicken Spice and cornflour in a biggish plastic bag. Add chicken pieces and toss to coat. Leave at room temperature until ready to fry.
Blend batter ingredients, except egg white, in a food processor or with a whisk. Just before frying, fold in stiffly beaten egg white. Dip seasoned, cubed meat, dusted with cornflour, in batter. Drip off excess batter and fry chicken in batches in hot oil. Drain on absorbent paper towel. Serve straight away.
Use Sauce in a dipping bowl at the table.