A lovely textured and flavoured cucumber sambal, it makes a change from the usual grated cucumber.
YOU WILL NEED
- ½ cucumber
- Ina Paarman's Green Onion Seasoning
- 1 cup (250 ml) plain double cream yoghurt
- 1 T (15 ml) fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 T (15 ml) fresh mint, chopped
- 1 green chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 t (5 ml) cumin seeds
- 1 t (5 ml) yellow mustard seeds
- fresh mint leaves to garnish
Cut the cucumber in half lengthways and then into 1 cm cubes. Season with Green Onion Seasoning.
Place cucumber cubes in a medium size mixing bowl, add yoghurt, coriander, mint and chilli. Stir to mix. Chill, covered, for 30 minutes or longer.
Meanwhile toast the cumin and mustard seeds in a dry non-stick frying pan over medium heat until they become aromatic and start popping, about 1 – 2 minutes.
Transfer yoghurt mixture into one large or several smaller serving bowls. Sprinkle with toasted seeds. Garnish with fresh mint leaves.