Curried Mince with Lentils
Quick and easy. Even better the next day on a sandwich. Homegrown family fare.
YOU WILL NEED
- 2 onions, chopped
- ½ t (2,5 ml) Ina Paarman’s Green Onion Seasoning
- 2 T (30 ml) olive oil
- 500 g lean beef mince
- 2 t (10 ml) Ina Paarman's Garlic Pepper Seasoning
- 2 ripe tomatoes, halved and grated
- 1 x 200 ml Ina Paarman’s Tikka Curry Coat & Cook Sauce
- 400 g tin lentils, drained
- fresh coriander
Sauté the onions, pre-seasoned with Green Onion Seasoning, in the oil until soft and golden brown. Add the mince, turn up the heat and cook the mince while stirring and breaking it up with a fork. When just cooked (but not yet drawing water) add the Garlic Pepper Seasoning, grated tomato, Tikka Curry Sauce and drained lentils.
Cover with a lid and simmer slowly for 15 minutes. Taste for seasoning.
Garnish with plenty of fresh coriander.
Serve on rice with sambals, such as tomato with onion, banana in yoghurt and our Peach Apricot Chutney.
Cut the tomato in half through the waist. Grate the cut sides on the course side of a grater. Discard the skin that remains.