Curried Pasta Salad with Basil
The secret here is not to pour the curry sauce over immediately after cooking the pasta. First allow the flavours of the seasoning and olive oil to penetrate. Dress the salad with sauce just before you serve.
YOU WILL NEED
- 250 g small elbow macaroni or bow tie pasta shapes
- boiling water
- 2 t (10 ml) Ina Paarman's Green Onion Seasoning
- 2 T (30 ml) olive or canola oil
- 2 T (30 ml) Ina Paarman’s Basil Pesto
- 1 x 200 ml Ina Paarman’s Butter Chicken Coat & Cook Sauce
- fresh basil for garnish
Boil the pasta for 8 minutes in unsalted water. Drain. Season with Green Onion Seasoning and toss with oil and Basil Pesto.
Before serving add the Butter Chicken Sauce. Garnish with fresh basil.
Add 1 – 2 cups (250 – 500 ml) cubed cooked chicken to the salad and serve it as a main course.