Curried Rice Salad
Salads with a starch component like potatoes, rice or pasta is traditional in South Africa. One heaped cup of raw rice, gives 3 cups of cooked rice.
YOU WILL NEED
- 3 cups (750 ml) cooked rice
- 2 t (10 ml) medium curry powder
- 2 T (30 ml) canola oil
- ½ t (2,5 ml) Ina Paarman’s Chilli & Garlic Seasoning
- 1 large or 2 smaller red-skinned apples, cored and cubed
- ½ cup (125 ml) seedless raisins
- ½ cup (125 ml) fresh coriander leaves
- ½ cup (125 ml) Ina Paarman’s Creamy Honey Mustard Dressing
Stir-fry the rice in a mixture of the curry powder, oil and Seasoning. Add the remaining ingredients and toss.