Date and Pistachio Nut Ice Cream
Our Cheesecake Mix is an excellent base for home-made ice cream. Try this delicious variant inspired by the Middle East.
YOU WILL NEED
- 1 cup (250 ml) cold water
- 1 x 250 g Ina Paarman’s Lemon Flavour Cheesecake
- 2 cups (500 ml) fresh cream
- 100 g dried dates, cut into small pieces
- 100 g pistachio nuts, shelled. Rinse, if salted, and chop coarsely
- fresh figs, pomegranate seeds or dates to garnish
- fresh edible flowers to garnish
Measure the water into a medium size mixing bowl. Sprinkle the Cheesecake Mix over and beat until well blended. In another mixing bowl, whip the cream until firm. Using the same beaters, whip the cheesecake mixture once again until smooth. Gently fold the whipped cream, dates and chopped nuts into the cheesecake mixture using a spatula or metal spoon. Stir until evenly blended.
Spoon into a 2 litre dome shaped mould or deep Pyrex mixing bowl lined with a double layer of cling film. Freeze overnight.
Remove from the freezer, to the fridge, about half an hour before serving to make dishing up easier. Garnish with abandon!