Devilled Egg Paté
I love this eggy paté served with Melba toast made with French bread. It will keep in the fridge for 2 days.
YOU WILL NEED
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, chopped – reserve 1 yolk for garnishing
- ½ small onion, very finely chopped
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Ina Paarman’s Creamy Caesar Dressing
- 1 t (5 ml) Ina Paarman’s Chilli & Garlic Seasoning
- Tabasco to taste
- 2 – 3 T (30 – 45 ml) plain yoghurt
- 1 reserved egg-yolk, sieved
- chives, snipped
- ½ French loaf
- Ina Paarman’s Garlic & Herb Seasoning
Blend the eggs (reserving 1 yolk), onion, Dressing and Seasoning in a food processor until smooth or mash very well with a fork. Taste and add a few drops of Tabasco for a more robust flavour.
Divide between 4 small pots. Level the tops neatly.
Coat each one with a little yoghurt.
Top with reserved egg yolk rubbed through a sieve and garnish with snipped chives.
Refrigerate (it can be prepared the day before).
Serve as a starter or with a salad and cold meat for supper.
To Make Melba Toast
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Slice bread into paper thin slices. Pack bread out on a baking paper lined tray.
Sprinkle lightly with Garlic & Herb Seasoning.
Bake for ± 10 minutes until bread is dried out and just beginning to brown.