Egg and Cheese Dip with Vegetable Sticks
This delicious, healthy and versatile dip also makes an outstanding sandwich filling, or topping for bruschetta to serve with drinks.
YOU WILL NEED
- egg slicer or sharp knife
- medium mixing bowl
- measuring spoons
- serving bowl
- chopping board
- vegetable knife
- large serving plate
- 4 hardboiled eggs
- 125 g smooth cottage cheese
- ½ cup (125 ml) Ina Paarman’s Thousand Island Dressing
- 1 t (5 ml) Ina Paarman’s Green Onion Seasoning
- baby carrots, peeled and halved lengthways
- celery leaves to use as carrot tops
- ½ cucumber or mini cucumbers, cut into wedges lengthways
- 1 small red pepper, cut into strips
- Pro-vita biscuits
- reserve two of the best slices of egg if making froggy variation, for eyes
To make a frog face
- 1 stuffed olive, cut in half, for eyeballs
- 2 chives, for mouth
Peel and slice the eggs, reserve two of the best slices. Mash the remaining egg with the cottage cheese, Thousand Island Dressing and Green Onion Seasoning. If you prefer a smooth texture process in a food processor. Dish into a bowl.
Cut up the vegetables as illustrated. Make a small slit at the top of each carrot half and insert a sprig of celery leaves. Place the bowl of dip in the middle of a large plate and arrange the vegetables and biscuits around it.
For fun! To make a froggy dip: Use the two reserved perfect egg slices for eyes, add ½ stuffed olive for eyeballs and shape a mouth with chives.