Eggs Baked in Bolognaise
Surprise your mom and prepare a delicious supper for the family. The noodles help to fill out the dish and you can use more or fewer eggs depending on the number of people in your family.
YOU WILL NEED
- medium sized frying pan with lid
- pair of scissors to cut open noodle pack
- wooden spoon
- ± 9 cm round cookie cutter
- egg lifter
- toaster for bread
- 75 g packet Instant noodles, any flavour, do not use the Seasoning pack included with the noodles
- 1 x 400 ml Ina Paarman's Beef Bolognaise Pasta Sauce
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup (125 ml) grated cheese
- Ina Paarman's Braai & Grill Seasoning
- 4 slices of wholewheat toast
Pour boiling water over the noodles (do not use the seasoning pack because most brands contain MSG, which is not healthy) and leave the noodles to swell and loosen ± 5 minutes. Drain. Empty the bottle of Bolognaise Sauce into a medium size frying pan (with a lid).
Add the drained noodles to the sauce in the pan and bring to the boil for 1 minute, stirring now and again. Remove the pan from the heat.
Place the cookie cutter in the mixture and spoon out the middle. Break one egg into the hollow and lift the cookie cutter, repeat three more times, spacing the eggs evenly.
Cover the pan with a lid and cook eggs on a low heat for 4½ minutes or until the yolks are done to your taste.
Remove the lid, sprinkle with cheese and finally dust with a little Braai & Grill Seasoning.
Carefully lift the eggs with an egg lifter onto the unbuttered toast and divide the remaining sauce between the plates. Sit down and enjoy!