Family Favourite Corned Beef Pie
This economical family meal is one of my favourite childhood memories. Try and get hold of Bull Brand Bully Beef if you can! We could not find it and had to substitute with corned meat.
YOU WILL NEED
- 2 onions, chopped
- Ina Paarman’s Green Onion Seasoning
- 1 T (15 ml) canola oil
- 300 g tin corned beef
- 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups (500 ml) mixed vegetables (frozen is fine)
- 1 t (5 ml) Ina Paarman’s Chilli & Garlic OR Garlic & Herb Seasoning
- 1 T (15 ml) Ina Paarman’s Roast Onion Soup & Gravy Powder
- 2 T (30 ml) water
- 5 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 t (10 ml) Ina Paarman’s Potato Spice
- 1 x 200 ml Ina Paarman’s Ready To Serve Cheese Sauce
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 T (30 ml) butter, melted
Adjust the oven rack to the middle position. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Season the onions with Green Onion Seasoning and brown them in the oil.
Add corned beef and break it up with a wooden spoon. Add tomatoes and frozen vegetables and bring to the boil. Add Chilli & Garlic Seasoning.
Mix Roast Onion Powder with the water and add. Simmer for 5 minutes.
Dish into a medium pie dish.
For the topping
Boil the potatoes, mash and season with Potato Spice. Blend with Cheese Sauce, add the beaten egg and mix through.
Blob tablespoons of mashed potato over the filling in the dish. Drizzle over melted butter.
Bake for 35 minutes until potato topping is golden brown.