Fish Bake with Leeks and Baby Peas
The gentle flavours in this dish blend perfectly. It is the ultimate meal-in-one healthy choice for a family.
YOU WILL NEED
- 6 small leeks, well washed and sliced
- 1 bulb of fennel, sliced (optional)
- Ina Paarman’s Green Onion Seasoning
- 3 T (45 ml) butter
- 1 ½ cups (375 ml) frozen baby peas (petit pois)
- ½ cup (125 ml) water
- 1 x 25 g Ina Paarman’s Liquid Fish Stock
- 500 g lightly smoked salmon trout or any firm white fish, filleted and skinned
- Ina Paarman’s Fish Spice
Adjust oven shelf to the middle position. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Season the leeks and fennel with Green Onion Seasoning. In a saucepan, sweat the vegetables in the butter until just wilted. Add the peas, water and Fish Stock. Stir to mix. Spoon half the vegetables into a well buttered 25 cm x 18 cm ovenproof dish. Season and portion the fish. Lay the fish portions on the vegetable bed. Cover with the remaining vegetables. Bake for 15 minutes. To serve, garnish with the fennel fronds.