Fish Bake with Leeks and Baby Peas
The gentle flavours in this dish will not overpower the fish. It is the ultimate meal-in-one healthy choice for a family.
YOU WILL NEED
- 6 small leeks, well washed and sliced into rings
- 1 bulb of fennel, sliced (optional)
- Ina Paarman’s Green Onion Seasoning
- 3 T (45 ml) butter
- 1 ½ cups (375 ml) fresh or frozen baby peas (petit pois)
- ½ cup (125 ml) water
- 1 x 25 g Ina Paarman’s Liquid Fish Stock
- 500 g very fresh hake or kabeljou or salmon trout, filleted and skinned
- Ina Paarman’s Fish Spice
Adjust oven shelf to the middle position. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
Season the leeks and fennel with Green Onion Seasoning.
In a saucepan, sweat the leeks and fennel in the butter until just wilted. Add the peas, water and Fish Stock. Stir to mix. Spoon half the vegetables into a well buttered 25 cm x 18 cm ovenproof dish.
Portion the fish and season with Fish Spice. Lay the fish portions on the vegetable bed. Cover with the remaining mixture. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
To serve, garnish with the fennel fronds.