Fish with Olive and Parmesan Topping
Our son Graham’s comment when tasting this ‘One of the best fish dishes I have tasted in a long time!’ Believe me he is a real ‘lekker bek’.
YOU WILL NEED
- 600 - 800 g white fish e.g. Kabeljou, Hake or Dorado, filleted and skinned
- Ina Paarman's Fish Spice
- 1 T (15 ml) butter
- 2 T (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 punnet fresh basil (about two handfuls)
- 1 x 125 g Ina Paarman's Olive Pesto
- ½ cup (125 ml) finely grated parmesan or pecorino cheese
- ½ - 1 pack Ina Paarman's Sun-dried Tomato Pesto
- freshly ground black pepper
- cooked tagliatelle
Cut the fish into portions. Butterfly the thicker pieces in order to ensure that all the pieces are the same thickness. Season very lightly on both sides with Fish Spice (remember olives are salty). Preheat a heavy based frying pan – add the butter and oil and briefly pan-fry the fish in two batches.
Roughly tear the basil (leaves and soft stems) and scatter over the base of a medium size ovenproof dish. Reserve a few nice basil tips for a final garnish.
Preheat the grill. Place the portions of fish on the bed of basil and spread generously with Olive Pesto. Sprinkle cheese over the portions. Cut a small hole on the one corner of the Tomato Pesto pack and use it to pipe zigzag lines over each portion of fish. Grill briefly until cheese and tomato become bubbly.
Serve straight away on pasta, garnished with freshly ground black pepper and fresh basil.