Fresh Corn Risotto with Chilli and Coriander
We discovered that the secret of a really smooth risotto lies in adding a creamy sauce to the cooking stock.
YOU WILL NEED
- 1 x 200 ml Ina Paarman's Ready to Serve Cheese Sauce
- 4 cups (1 litre) boiling water
- 4 t (20 ml) Ina Paarman's Chicken Flavour Stock Powder
- 2 T (30 ml) butter
- 2 T (30 ml) canola oil
- 1 cup (250 ml) risotto rice (Arborio)
- 2 mealies, cut off the cob
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 3 T (45 ml) Ina Paarman's Coriander Pesto
- Ina Paarman's Chilli & Garlic Seasoning to taste
- Parmesan or Pecorino cheese to serve
Mix the Cheese Sauce, boiling water and Stock Powder in a jug and keep on the side. Melt the butter and oil in a heavy saucepan and add the rice. Stir fry the rice until it has absorbed the butter and starts to discolour.
Add the corn kernels and chilli and stir fry briefly for 2 minutes.
Now start adding the sauce/stock mixture, half a cup at a time. Keep stirring gently, over medium heat, until the stock is absorbed, before adding the next half a cup, continue like this until all the stock has been absorbed. It takes about 15 minutes. Switch off the stove and cover the saucepan with a lid. Leave to stand for about five minutes. Stir in the Coriander Pesto and taste for seasoning.
Dish into soup plates. Serve with shaved Italian cheese.