Garlic and Rosemary Chicken
All the classic traditional flavours that really work together are used in this recipe. Best cooked in a big oven pan, in two stages, first the seasoned chicken, garlic and lemon, then after 45 minutes add the rosemary, oiled onion wedges and olives. Return to the oven for a final 30 – 35 minutes. The garlic cloves are delicious squeezed out of the skins and spread on bread.
YOU WILL NEED
- 8 - 12 piece chicken portion pack
- Ina Paarman's Rosemary & Olive Seasoning
- olive oil
- 1 x 25 g sachet Ina Paarman's Liquid Chicken Stock
- 2 - 3 heads of garlic, cut in half through the middle
- 2 lemons, cut in half through the middle
- 4 sprigs of rosemary
- 2 onions, peeled and cut into wedges
- ½ cup (125 ml) black olives, pipped
- 200 ml Ina Paarman’s Olive Oil & Rosemary Coat & Cook Sauce
Adjust oven rack to the middle position.
Preheat the oven to 190°C.
Season the chicken with Rosemary and Olive Seasoning.
Pack the chicken, skin side up, in a single layer in a black oven pan, and brush with olive oil. Drizzle with Stock Concentrate. Oil the half garlic heads and place cut sides up, in-between the chicken pieces. Do the same with the lemons.
Roast open for 40 minutes. Add rosemary, onion wedges, olives and Olive Oil & Rosemary Sauce. Bake for a further 30 minutes.
Garnish with fresh rosemary.
Serve with fresh bread, spread with squeezed out cooked garlic and your favourite tossed salad.