Gem Squash with Kale
I just love gem squash. For adults, combine it with kale and Blue Cheese Sauce. For children, tone it down with spinach and our regular Cheese Sauce.
YOU WILL NEED
- 3 – 4 gem squash, cut in half, seeds removed
- Ina Paarman’s Vegetable Spice
- 2 T (30 ml) butter
- ± 200 g kale or spinach, stalks and hard bits removed. Leaves cut up into 2 cm strips.
- 1 x 200 ml Ina Paarman’s Ready to Serve Blue Cheese Sauce
- 2 T (30 ml) grated hard cheese
Micro-steam or boil the squash until tender.
Rough up the insides of the squash and add Vegetable Spice and butter.
Rinse the kale, put it wet into a frying pan with ½ cup of water and cover with a lid. Steam/cook until collapsed but still bright green.
Finely chop the cooked kale and season lightly with Vegetable Spice. Toss with Blue Cheese Sauce and pile into prepared gem squash. Sprinkle with a little cheese if desired.
Can be prepared in advance and reheated in the microwave for serving.