Granadilla Cheesecake with Yoghurt and Pomegranate Seeds
A beautiful cake, it looks like the lid of a jewel box and tastes light and lovely. The granadilla tones down the sweetness. The lemon cream biscuits make a delicious traditional crust.
YOU WILL NEED
- 5 lemon cream biscuits, crumbled
- 2 T (30 ml) melted butter
- ¾ cup (180 ml) cold tap water
- 1 x 250 g Ina Paarman’s Lemon Flavour Cheesecake Mix
- 1 cup (250 ml) fresh cream
- ¼ cup (60 ml) granadilla pulp (fresh or tinned)
- 2 T (30 ml) granadilla pulp
- 1 cup (250 ml) plain double cream yoghurt
- ¼ cup (60 ml) pomegranate seeds
Line the base of a 20 cm loose-bottom pan with a neat circle of baking paper.
Mix biscuit crumbs with melted butter and keep to one side.
Pour water into a mixing bowl. Mix cheesecake according to package instructions from here on.
Fold in the granadilla pulp.
Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle buttered crumbs on top, press down and smooth with the back of a spoon.
Leave to set for at least 4 hours or best overnight in the fridge. Place a cake stand upside down over the tin and invert cake onto plate. Push cake out with the base.
Peel away baking paper.
Garnish with blobs of yoghurt, pomegranate seeds and granadilla pulp.
Feature image photography: Toby Murphy for Platteland magazine and Styling Aletta Lintvelt