Granadilla Ice Cream
A healthy, calcium and fruit rich, homemade treat.
YOU WILL NEED
- pair of scissors
- medium size mixing bowl
- measuring jug and spoons
- small mixing bowl
- electric beaters
- large spoon
- piping bag (optional)
- small paper cups
- wooden ice cream spoons (optional)
- cocktail umbrellas (optional)
- 1 x 250 g Ina Paarman’s Lemon Flavour Cheesecake Mix
- ¾ cup (180 ml) cold water
- 1 cup (250 ml) fresh cream
- 1 cup (250 ml) plain full cream yoghurt
- ½ cup (125 ml) granadilla pulp, fresh or tinned
- ± 4 granadillas
Open the Cheesecake box and remove the foil bag. Cut open the bag. Measure cold tap water into a medium size mixing bowl. Sprinkle the Lemon Flavoured Cheesecake Mix over the water and beat until well blended. Leave in the fridge for 10 minutes.
In a smaller mixing bowl whip the cream until firm, fold through the yoghurt.
Remove cheesecake mixture from the fridge. Using the same beaters, whip the mixture again until smooth. Gently fold in the whipped cream and yoghurt blend, together with the granadilla pulp. Use a spatula or metal spoon. Stir until evenly blended.
Spoon or pipe the cheesecake mixture into small cups. Piling it up generously and rounding the tops.
Freeze. Supply wooden ice cream spoons and decorate with cocktail umbrellas before serving.