Granola and Berry Pots
A delicious combination. Use any fruit in season.
YOU WILL NEED
- ¼ cup (60 ml) honey
- 2 T (30 ml) canola oil
- 3 cups (750 ml) old fashioned large flake oats
- 1½ cups (375 ml) chopped nuts e.g. pecan, raw almonds or hazelnuts
- 1 cup (250 ml) medium desiccated coconut
- ½ cup (125 ml) sesame seeds
- 1 cup (250 ml) All Bran Flakes
- 1 t (5 ml) ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (250 ml) seedless raisins or cranberries
- 2 cups (500 ml) plain full cream yoghurt
- 4 heaped teaspoons raspberry jam
- granola (see recipe above)
- fresh berries
- mint or basil for garnish (optional)
Adjust the oven rack to the middle position. Preheat the oven to 160°C. Beat the honey and oil together with a fork in a large mixing bowl. Add all the ingredients, except the raisins or cranberries, and toss with your hands to blend well. Spread out on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 25 – 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Add raisins or cranberries and mix in. Leave to cool. It will crisp as it cools.
Spoon the berry jam into the yoghurt and gently marble through. Spoon ingredients into the serving dishes in separate piles as illustrated in picture. Garnish with mint or basil.