Grilled Calamari with Char-grilled Peppers
Frozen calamari heads and tubes are available in South African supermarkets. A homegrown quick and easy recipe. Start a new tradition in your family with this tasty dish.
YOU WILL NEED
- 500 g calamari heads and tubes
- Ina Paarman’s Braai & Grill Seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- olive oil
- 1 x 250 g Ina Paarman’s Char-grilled Peppers
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup (125 ml) fresh basil OR baby rocket OR watercress
Season calamari well with Braai & Grill Seasoning.
In a mixing bowl, toss the garlic in 2 T (30 ml) olive oil and add the calamari tubes and heads.
Stir to coat seafood with garlic oil. Stand for 30 minutes to an hour.
Heat a griddle pan until very hot.
Grill calamari briefly, only until grill marks appear, turn and cook on other side. Transfer to a plate.
Cut open the bag of Char-grilled Peppers, drain the vinaigrette into a small jug.
Add the drained peppers to the calamari.
Add sliced onion and the leaves of your choice.
Drizzle 2 T (30 ml) of the reserved vinaigrette over the salad and drizzle with a little more olive oil.