Hake with Tomato Pesto and Crumbed Topping
Hake or stock fish, which is abundant in South Africa, was traditionally underrated. It is only now that we have started to value and appreciate this fine fish. This recipe could not be simpler – you can even use half frozen fish, just add another 5-7 minutes onto the baking time.
YOU WILL NEED
- 3-4 Hake portions, skin and bones removed
- Ina Paarman's Fish Spice
- 3-4 T (45-60 ml) Ina Paarman's Sun-dried Tomato Pesto
- ¾ cup (180 ml) fresh soft white breadcrumbs
- ½ t (2,5 ml) Ina Paarman's Chilli & Garlic Seasoning
- 2 T (30 ml) olive or canola oil
Butter a medium size ovenproof dish.
Adjust the oven rack to the middle position.
Preheat the oven to 190°C. Season the fish lightly, on both sides with Fish Spice.
Place, best side up, in a single layer in the ovenproof dish. Spread over the Tomato Pesto. Toss together crumbs, Chilli & Garlic Seasoning and oil. Sprinkle crumb mixture over fish.
Bake for ± 20 minutes.
Delicious with a green salad topped with flash fried baby tomatoes. Dress with our Creamy Herb Dressing.