Herbed Beetroot in Citrus
Beetroot is such an underrated vegetable. Served in a citrus sauce, beetroot becomes a super healthy treat.
YOU WILL NEED
- 1 bunch of beetroot, do not cut the root, but trim the stems, leaving about 3cm to prevent bleeding and colour loss
- grated rind of one orange
- juice of 2 oranges
- 2 t (10 ml) Ina Paarman's Chicken Stock Powder
- 1 T (15 ml) lemon juice
- 1 T (15 ml) honey
- 2 (10 ml) potato flour or cornflour mixed with 2T (30 ml) water
- 1 t (5 ml) Ina Paarman's Garlic & Herb Seasoning
- chopped parsley and/or lemon thyme to garnish
Steam the beetroot until done (or cook it in the microwave in a closed container, with a little water, or boil it in water on top of the stove). When done, test with a fork, rinse under the cold tap, slip the peel off and cut into tiny cubes. Mix the orange rind, juice, Stock Powder, lemon juice and honey. Thicken with the cornflour, in the microwave or on top of the stove. Add the cubed beetroot to the sauce and warm through. Add Garlic & Herb Seasoning and taste. Garnish with fresh herbs.