Home Made Hamburgers
Buy your own fresh lean mince and make low fat, preservative free hamburgers in no time at all. Best to cook them on a ribbed griddle pan. Press on them to flatten while they are cooking.
YOU WILL NEED
- 500 g lean beef mince
- 2 t (10 ml) Ina Paarman's Meat Spice
- 4 T (60 ml) Ina Paarman's Roast Onion Soup & Gravy Powder
- ½ cup (125 ml) cold water
- 4-8 sesame buns
- 4-8 cooked hamburgers
- 1 x 200ml Ina Paarman's Ready to Serve Pepper, Mushroom or Cheese Sauce
- 2 ripe tomatoes, sliced
- Ina Paarman's Green Onion Seasoning
- 1 onion, sliced into rings
- fresh rocket leaves
Mix all the ingredients together lightly with a small knife. Leave to rest for 10 minutes. Shape into 8 patties. Oil the patties lightly on both sides and cook them on a very hot cast iron griddle pan until clearly marked on both sides and cooked through.
Slice the buns in half and toast the cut sides.
Place a patty on the bottom half of each bun.
Spoon a generous dollop of Sauce over each patty.
Top with a slice of tomato, seasoned with Green Onion seasoning then the onion rings. Place some rocket leaves on top and finish the hamburger off with the sesame half of the bun.