Hot Smoked Salmon with Cream Cheese and Caper Spread
Hot-smoked salmon, is fully cooked and easy to flake into small portions. A lovely help- yourself starter platter.
YOU WILL NEED
- 250 g cream cheese at room temperature
- ¾ cup (180ml) plain double cream yoghurt
- 1 T (15 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup (60ml) drained capers, roughly chopped
- Ina Paarman's Green Onion Seasoning
- 200-250 g hot-smoked salmon or trout
- bread (choose from pumpernickel, cape seed loaf, melba toast or rye bread)
- dill or fennel sprigs and lemon wedges (for serving)
Mix cream cheese, yoghurt, lemon juice, 1T chopped onion, and 2T capers in a medium bowl. Season to taste with Green Onion Seasoning. Serve cream cheese spread, with salmon, chopped red onion, bread, dill sprigs, lemon wedges and extra capers or caper berries.
Cream cheese spread can be made 1 – 2 days ahead. Cover and chill.