Hot & Sour Mushroom Noodle Soup
A delicious light, clear soup.
YOU WILL NEED
- 6 cups (1½ litres) water
- 4 T (60 ml) Ina Paarman's Chicken Stock Powder
- 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely sliced into rings (no need to peel)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, finely sliced lengthwise
- 3 T (45 ml) rice wine or cider vinegar
- 4 T (60 ml) soy sauce (Kikkoman)
- 1 T (15 ml) sugar
- 1 small red chilli, finely sliced into rings
- 200 g button mushrooms, halved through the stems
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and sliced into paper thin rings
- 2 small bok choy or small punnet of baby spinach
- 150 g Chinese egg noodle ribbons
Bring the water to the boil. Add the Stock Powder, ginger, garlic, vinegar, soy sauce and sugar. Boil for 5 minutes. Add the chilli, mushrooms, carrot and bok choy. Boil for 5 minutes. Add noodles and cook for 4 minutes. Serve piping hot.
This soup can be refrigerated for 2-3 days.