Iced Rooibos Tea with Orange, Lemon & Ginger
A healthy and refreshing drink to serve throughout the meal. Treat your overseas visitors to this traditional, homegrown drink.
YOU WILL NEED
- 2 lemons, sliced, reserve best slices for garnishing
- ± 10 cm length of fresh ginger, finely sliced
- 3 – 4 T (45 – 60 ml) sugar
- 6 rooibos teabags
- 6 cups (1 ½ litres) boiling water
- 1 cup (250 ml) freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 orange, sliced
- sprigs of fresh mint
Place second best lemon slices, ginger, sugar and rooibos teabags in a saucepan. Pour boiling water over and just bring to the boil. Remove from heat. Cover and leave to infuse and cool down.
Strain through a sieve into a glass jug. Add orange juice, orange and lemon slices. Chill.
Just before serving add ice and mint sprigs.