Pre-soaking the meat in a mixture of yoghurt and our Tikka Curry Sauce gives outstanding tenderness and great flavour.
YOU WILL NEED
- 500 g shoulder of lamb cubed, 2 cm x 2 cm
- 2 t (10 ml) Ina Paarman's Garlic & Herb Seasoning
- ½ cup (125 ml) plain double cream yoghurt
- 1 x 200 ml Ina Paarman’s Tikka Curry Coat & Cook Sauce
- ½ cup (125 ml) Chicken Flavour Stock Powder
- 1 onion, cut into 4 wedges and separated into leaves, cut large leaves in half
- ± 200 g dried peaches (halved) or Turkish apricots
Season the cubed meat with Garlic & Herb Seasoning. Mix the yoghurt and Tikka Curry Sauce together and pour over the meat, turn to coat. Soak the peaches in the chicken stock.
Leave meat and peaches overnight in the fridge, covered. Next day, alternate the meat, onion and peach halves on kebab sticks, don’t thread too tightly.
Braai over a gentle fire until cooked on the inside and lightly charred on the outside. Baste regularly with remaining yoghurt marinade.