Late Summer Fruit Cocktail
Use whatever fruits are available. They all seem to taste divine when mixed together. Watermelon is great to give bulk. Serve with ice and fresh mint. Lovely to serve in a big jug to start a late breakfast in style.
YOU WILL NEED
- ¼ watermelon, cubed, don't bother to remove the pips
- 1 pineapple, peeled and cut into blocks
- 2 apples, unpeeled and cut into blocks
- 1 large bunch of washed grapes, picked from the stems
- 2.5 cm piece of fresh ginger, unpeeled
- ½ lemon, with skin cut into cubes
- ice cubes
- fresh mint
Toss all the cut up ingredients in a bowl.
Set up the juicing machine.
Just before you are ready to serve, start juicing (remove the strainer from the catch basket). Do, get the guests to help, they love getting involved but, as we all know, not too involved!
Decant the juice into a jug half-filled with ice cubes. Add fresh mint, give a really good stir and serve as soon as possible.