Layer Your Lunch
Prepare packed salad lunches for the whole family the day before. Refrigerate, ready to go the next day.
YOU WILL NEED
Bottom Layer 1
- ¼ cup (60 ml) of any one of the following Dressings:
- Ina Paarman’s 1000 Island Dressing to go with tuna or ham
- or Ina Paarman’s Honey Mustard Dressing to go with chicken
- or Ina Paarman’s Herb Dressing to go with cubed cheese etc.
- Onion, half rings, use ± ½ a smallish onion
- Small cucumber wedges, use ± ¼ cucumber seasoned with our Green Onion Seasoning
- ¼ cup (60 ml) feta cheese, crumbed or cubed
- ¼ cup (60 ml) cooked kidney, butter or barlotti beans, lentils or chickpeas (tinned pulses work very well)
- Shredded tuna in oil or leftover chicken or shredded ham or blocks of gouda or cheddar cheese
- Baby tomatoes cut in half and seasoned with our Vegetable Spice
- Finely sliced lettuce of your choice
Recycle our pasta jars.
Prepare the salad in advance and refrigerate.
Take to the office or to school, shake up and eat!
Don’t forget to take a spoon or fork .