Lentil and Crushed Wheat Salad with Mint and Feta
This salad is not only healthy, it is delicious!
YOU WILL NEED
- ¾ cup (150 g) bulgur or crushed pearl wheat
- 2 cups (500 ml) boiling water
- 1 T (15 ml) Ina Paarman's Vegetable Stock Powder
- 1 t (5 ml) Ina Paarman's Garlic & Herb Seasoning
- 1 cup (170 g) split red lentils
- 2 cups (500 ml) water
- 1½ T (22.5 ml) Ina Paarman's Vegetable Stock Powder
- 1 bunch spring onions, finely sliced with green tops
- ½ cup (125 ml) chopped mint
- ½ cup (125 ml) chopped parsley
- ½ cup (125 ml) Danish feta cut into tiny blocks
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Ina Paarman's Lime & Coriander Dressing
Pour boiling water over the wheat to cover, stir in the Vegetable Stock Powder and leave to stand, covered, for an hour. Loosen with a fork. Season with Garlic & Herb Seasoning. Microwave the lentils in water, to which you have added the Vegetable Stock, for 8 minutes on 100% power. Leave to cool. Drain before use.
Toss prepared wheat and lentils with sliced spring onions, mint, parsley and feta. Dress with the Lime & Coriander Dressing. Can be prepared in the morning and left to stand at room temperature. Will keep in the fridge (covered) for 2 days.