Marmalade Ice Cream
‘Ice cream is happiness condensed’. I fully agree with this quote. Our Cheesecake Mix makes the most divine ice cream. The Seville Orange Marmalade gives a slight bitterness to the ice cream which I love, but feel free to use regular chunky marmalade if you don’t like the bitterness. It is important to balance the sweetness with lemon juice.
YOU WILL NEED
- 1 T (15 ml) grated orange rind from a sweet orange
- ¾ cup (180 ml) freshly squeezed orange juice
- ¼ cup (60 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1 x 250 g Ina Paarman’s Lemon Flavour Cheesecake
- 2 cups (500 ml) fresh cream
- ¾ cup (180 ml) Seville Orange Marmalade (look for a chunky one)
Add the grated rind and orange and lemon juice mixture to a medium large mixing bowl.
Add Cheesecake Mix and beat as per package instructions.
Whip the cream until beginning to firm. Fold into the cheesecake mixture together with the marmalade and stir to blend.
Freeze in an ice cream container. Serve balls in chilled bowls.