Melon and Mango Mousse with Fruit Platter
A delicious summer dessert. Serve it in a pretty glass bowl on crushed ice, surrounded by fresh fruit.
YOU WILL NEED
- ½ sweet melon, pips removed
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled and flesh cut away
- 1 x 250 g Ina Paarman’s Lemon Flavour Cheesecake Mix
- 1 cup (250 ml) coconut milk
- 1 cup (250 ml) whipping cream
- 2 kg ice, crushed
- ½ sweet melon, pipped and cut into wedges
- 1 mango, cut into slices
- 500 g green grapes
- 250 g red grapes
Scoop out the melon flesh into a processor. Add the mango, Cheesecake Mix and coconut milk. Blend until smooth.
Whip the cream and fold the fruit mixture into the whipped cream. Dish into a glass bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
Present the mousse in its glass bowl on ice surrounded by melon slices, sliced mango and bunches of grapes.
The mousse will also freeze very successfully to make a refreshing fruit ice cream. Remove from the freezer to the fridge, half an hour before serving to soften a little.