One of our favourite Weeknite wrap meals. If you prefer a non-spicy variation, use our Sun-dried Tomato Coat & Cook Sauce. Either way don’t leave out the Avocado Salsa, it makes the dish.
YOU WILL NEED
- 500 g beef mince
- 2 t (10 ml) Ina Paarman’s Garlic Pepper Seasoning
- ½ t (2,5 ml) bicarbonate of soda
- 1 T (15 ml) water
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 t (5 ml) Ina Paarman’s Green Onion Seasoning
- 2 T (30 ml) canola oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely sliced
- 1 x 200 ml Ina Paarman’s Peri-Peri Coat & Cook Sauce or Marinade
- 400 g tin of beans in Tomato Sauce
- 2 T (30 ml) chopped parsley
- 1 T (15 ml) lemon rind
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- flour tortillas (shop bought)
- Avocado Salsa (recipe below)
- 2 ripe avocados, diced
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 T (30 ml) Ina Paarman’s Coriander Pesto
- 2 – 3 T (30 - 45 ml) fresh lime or lemon juice
- Ina Paarman’s Chilli & Garlic Seasoning to taste
Toss the mince with our Garlic Pepper Seasoning. Dissolve bicarbonate of soda in water and mix into mince. Leave to stand for 20 minutes, whilst preparing the rest of the ingredients. Season chopped onions with our Green Onion Seasoning, brown the onions in oil, always add the garlic towards the end of the browning.
Add the seasoned mince to the onions and stir-fry over high heat while breaking up the lumps with a fork or pastry blender. Add Peri-Peri Sauce and beans. Simmer slowly for 15 minutes.
Make the gremolata mix of parsley, lemon rind and garlic. Set aside until serving time. Dish a helping of mince on a tortilla, briefly toasted in a non-stick frypan. Top with a sprinkling of gremolata and a spoonful of Avocado Salsa.
Lightly toss all the ingredients together.
Omit Peri-Peri Sauce and replace with our Sun-dried Tomato Coat & Cook Sauce.