Mild Curried Coconut Chicken Bake
Looking for something simple, but tasty and mild? Chicken drums and thighs are good but, if using chicken breasts only bake for 35 minutes. 4 – 6 breasts are sufficient.
YOU WILL NEED
- ½ cup (125 ml) coconut cream
- 200 ml Ina Paarman’s Butter Chicken Coat & Cook Sauce
- 4 chicken drumsticks, skin on
- 4 chicken thighs, skin on
- Ina Paarman’s Chicken Spice
- ¼ cup (60 ml) coconut flakes, toasted
- fresh coriander, optional
Adjust the oven rack to the middle position and preheat the oven to 180°C.
Mix the coconut cream and Butter Chicken Sauce in a large measuring jug.
Season the chicken portions with Chicken Spice. Pour about half of the sauce into an ovenproof dish. Pack chicken out in a single layer in the sauce.
Pour the remaining sauce mixture over the chicken.
Bake open for 1 hour until golden brown (35 minutes if using breasts).
Garnish with toasted coconut flakes and fresh coriander if available.
Serve with rice and a salad.