Mince and Bean Tacos
You can dish the filling into cold tacos as the heat of the mince will warm them very quickly.
YOU WILL NEED
- measuring Spoons
- small sharp knife
- small chopping board
- frying pan
- wooden spoon
- tin opener
- pair of scissors
Mince and bean filling
- 2 T (30 ml) canola or olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- ½ t (2,5 ml) Ina Paarman's Green Onion Seasoning
- 500 g lean beef mince
- 1 x 25 g Ina Paarman’s Liquid Beef Stock
- 2 T (30 ml) Ina Paarman's Sun-dried Tomato Pesto
- 400 g tin baked beans in tomato sauce
- ¼ iceberg lettuce, finely sliced
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- Ina Paarman's Vegetable Spice
- ½ cup (125 ml) plain double cream yoghurt
- ¾ cup (180 ml) cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 ready-made taco shells
Heat the oil in a non-stick frypan. Season the chopped onion with Green Onion Seasoning and add to the pan. Stir-fry for ± 5 minutes until onion is golden. Add the mince and use a wooden spoon to stir and break the mince up. Add the Liquid Beef Stock. Make sure you break up all the lumps of meat and that the colour is not red anymore. Stir in the Tomato Pesto. Add the baked beans. Cook gently without a lid for 5 – 10 minutes.
Prepare all the topping ingredients and keep ready. Season tomato with Vegetable Spice.
Call the family. They can help themselves by filling the tacos with some mince, lettuce, chopped tomato, yoghurt and grated cheese.