Mini Chocolate Pecan Pies
After baking, leave in the pans until the next day or later when you are ready to pipe in the filling.
YOU WILL NEED
- 1 cup (100 g) whole pecan nuts, reserve 10 nuts for decoration
- 11 Tennis biscuits
- 4 T (60 ml) soft brown sugar
- ½ t (2,5 ml) ground cinnamon
- 4 T (60 ml) melted butter
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- 1 x 310 g Ina Paarman’s Chocolate Mousse Mix
- 1 cup (250 ml) fresh cream
- 1 T (15 ml) orange liqueur (optional)
- chopped pecan nuts
- orange rind
- cocoa powder for dusting
Adjust the oven rack to the middle shelf. Preheat oven to 170°C. Blitz pecan nuts and biscuits in a processor until crumbed. Add sugar, cinnamon and melted butter. Pulse until blended and moist clumps form. Line bases of mini loose bottom pans with baking paper and spray sides with non-stick cooking spray. Press mixture onto the base and up the sides. Flatten with the back of a tablespoon. Bake for 12 – 15 minutes until golden and crispy. Leave to cool.
Mix according to package instructions. Allow mousse to set in the mixing bowl in the fridge, well covered. Pipe mousse filling into pecan crust an hour or two before serving.
Top pies with nuts and orange rind and place on serving platter. Dust plate and pies with cocoa powder.