Mini Ham and Cheese Quiches
Sliced buttered bread spread with Sun-dried Tomato Pesto, makes a perfect container for a delicious filling. Serve warm for supper with a salad or cold in lunch boxes the next day.
YOU WILL NEED
- butter knife
- pastry brush
- muffin pans
- measuring cup
- 12 slices of toaster bread, crusts removed
- ± 125 g butter, melted for brushing over
- 1 x 125 g Ina Paarman’s Sun-dried Tomato Pesto
- 125 g thinly sliced sandwich ham (12 slices)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 T (30 ml) full cream milk
- ½ cup (40 g) cheddar or gouda cheese, grated
- 1 t (5 ml) Ina Paarman’s Garlic & Herb Seasoning
Adjust the oven rack to the middle position. Preheat oven to 180°C.
Brush both sides of the bread slices first with melted butter and then spread Tomato Pesto on the one side. Press bread into 12 x well buttered muffin hollows. Bake for 8 – 10 minutes or until golden.
Line each baked bread case with a slice of ham. Place the egg, milk, grated cheddar and Seasoning in a measuring cup and beat with a fork to combine. Pour and spoon the mixture into the bread cases and bake for 15 minutes or until puffy and golden.
Gently ease mini quiches out of the muffin hollows. Serve with a salad or pack cold into lunchboxes.