Mini Strawberry Cupcakes
The tiny cupcake papers are available from speciality stores that sell baking aids. The size to ask for is a height of 2 cm x a 3.5 cm base.
YOU WILL NEED
- 3 extra large eggs at room temperature
- ¾ cup (180 ml) canola oil
- 1 cup (250 ml) full cream milk, warm
- 1 x 600 g Ina Paarman’s Vanilla Cake Mix
- 70 mini paper cups
- 2 x 250 g Ina Paarman’s Strawberry Icing Kit
- 250 g butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup (125 ml) water
- 2 t (10 ml) lemon juice
- 200 g fresh strawberries, washed and cut into ¼ wedges
Adjust the oven rack to the middle position. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line mini muffin pans with paper cups. Mix according to package instructions. Divide the cake mixture between paper cups. Use a piping bag without a nozzle for easy filling. Bake for ± 12 minutes and leave to cool completely.
You will need two Strawberry Icing Kits because the recipe makes so many little cupcakes.
Prepare icing according to package instructions. Pipe cooled cupcakes with the prepared icing. Top with fresh strawberry quarters.