Muesli, Bircher Style with Yoghurt, Honey and Fruit
This healthy treat combines fruits, spices, juice and raw oats with delicious results. Pair it with double cream yoghurt, fresh berries and a spoonful of honey for a late afternoon or early morning boost.
YOU WILL NEED
- ¾ cup (180 ml) raw rolled oats
- ¼ cup (60 ml) water
- ¼ cup (60 ml) freshly squeezed orange juice
- ½ t (2,5 ml) ground cinnamon
- 2 T (30 ml) lemon juice
- 2 apples, unpeeled
- 1 cup (250 ml) plain double cream yoghurt
- 2 t (10 ml) honey (per serving)
- fresh berries to serve
Combine oats, water, orange juice, cinnamon and lemon juice. Cover with clingfilm and place in the fridge overnight. The next morning, grate the apples, skin on, and stir into the oats. Dish into glasses and top with yoghurt, honey and fresh berries.
*Recipe inspiration: Café Food at Home by Evan Faull*